

Minutes

**Membership
&
Public Relations
Committee Meeting
Minutes**

Facilitator: Eric Martinez

Date: 9/10/20

Time: 10:00 AM

Location: Teleconference

Monica Adelphouse
Health Planner

Attendance: Steve Hoke, Dawn Jones, Deborah McCray, Dr. Ryan, Vickie Stevens, Eric Martinez, Tara Woodruff, Renella Mitchell, May Sirmons, Greg Bowman, Daniel Pierce, Judi Backoff, Carly Pyle, Jacqueline Clarke, Monica Adelphouse

1. Introduction & Moment of Silence

2. Review and Approval of Today's Agenda and Minutes: Agenda approved.

Discussion:

A. Community Updates

No community updates at this time.

B. Ryan White Part B Client Re/Certification

Eric: There has been quite a few changes due to the COVID-19 pandemic. I thought that it is important for us to reflect on how this is impacting the client or individual to navigate the services that they are in need of. So, one of the issues is client re-certification. Some clients are not being called or not aware that their certification has lapsed. Those that are coming in are wondering how they can come in contact. If you are aware, the DOH offices are pretty much locked up. Is that correct Dawn?

Dawn: No. Case management is still open.

Eric: No, I mean that the doors are still locked up.

Dawn: They are still open by appointment.

Eric: I understand that somebody walk ups and sees the doors locked, they walk away.

Dawn: The door is still open and they are still receiving clients from what I am aware of. I will verify that information for you and let you know.

Eric: That would be appreciated. From my own experience, when I went there the door was locked. Maybe it would be helpful for there to be a note on the door. Only because I knew they were there, I knew to bang on the door. I want to make sure that a client who may not know the process will know what to do.

Dawn: I will make a phone call and let you know.

Eric: Thank you. Next, has anyone heard anything about clients having difficulty recertifying or having issues recertifying.

Jacqueline Clarke: Eric, are you saying that you went there, and you weren't able to get in and the doors were locked?

Eric: Yes, Ma'am. I knew they were there because I had just spoke to a case manager. It's a minimal barrier that could be addressed.

Jacqueline: Things could be changing but when COVID was really high, they were sending out letters in the mail. One of our case managers retired and another went to Dr. Ragompal. I hope they can hire someone to help because the case managers filling in are having to work with their current caseloads and Martin county caseload. Unfortunately, clients are being closed because the recertifications are not being done.

Eric: Some client can go online to update.

Jacqueline: Unfortunately, I am in a rural county and not too many people are technology savvy over here.

Dawn: I have an answer for you. Yes, the doors are locked but there is a note on the door. The client should call their case manger to let them know they are here, and they will let them in. The doors in the main building are open from 8-5pm and there is someone always there at single entrance. Everyone has to be screened first before they enter the building, which is why the other door have to be locked.

Eric: Ok, thank you. Has anyone else heard any other issues?

Steve: I have had 4 people try to call their case managers and they have found out that their case manager is no longer there. So I have given them

the number that Dawn provided so that they can get in touch with someone. And they called that number and they were taken care of.

Eric: If there is anything we can discuss to make recertification easier, or if anyone has any ideas, please let us know by sending any email to Myself, Monica, Mary, or Dawn.

C. Future Client Campaign

Eric: Has anyone thought of any ways or ideas of how we can reach more clients? Or, if we have a campaign that we can work on to promote the consortia.

Steve: Do we use social media?

Eric: We do have social media but I wanted to see if anyone has any ideas that may be floating. We are going to table this for the next meeting.

Tara: Eric, is there a flyer or brochure that the Consortia has that can be given to the case manager to be given to the patients?

Eric: There is a pamphlet that was developed some time ago. I will get with Dawn and send it out to everyone.

Dawn: We were just waiting for information to make the changes, we were waiting for Monica to get a telephone number. So when we make those changes and have them printed, we can send that information out.

Eric: Yeah, that would be great, in case someone needs to contact Monica. Hopefully, everyone has Monica's email that are on the call and once she gets her number you may be able to reach it that way. That way if there is a chance that there might be some clients that might want to join the consortia. We need clients for sure when it comes to the body. If anyone come up with any ideas, please email them.

D. Website

Eric: We've been waiting for quite some time to get a website up and running. Now the health council is in the picture. Monica, would you like to give a brief update on where the health council is with the website?

Monica: Yes, so I just received the go-ahead to start looking for vendors. The website so on my and I'm going to start looking for the vendors. I did receive a couple of recommendations and then I'm also preparing the content that would be going on to the website. It's pretty much what has already been done by the consortia. There will be an About page, Upcoming meeting page, a tab for the Agendas and Minutes; also, a page for the community outreach events and update. I will be preparing the contents so that way when those vendors are selected, there will already be content. I will then present this to the Consortia of what the website will look like at that time. I'm hoping we'll be able to use do this via video. I will also email it to everyone that way we can possibly discuss any recommendations or comments that can be added on there to find those vendors. In the meeting afterwards, we should be able to discuss it more and see what the Consortia would like to be on there. Are there any comments suggestions or anything anyone wants to say about what I am just discussed?

Mary: When you are looking for the vendor for the website find out if they are going to give you administrative permission.

Monica: Yes. That is one of the things I'm going to ask them that way I can update the page outreaches and all the minutes and the agendas. I will obtain the original png for the logo from Dawn.

Steve Hoke: Erik, when you talk about social sites. What are you talking about?

Eric Martinez: For those infected. We were just trying to brainstorm here, you know, so now there's no specific sites or anything like that at this very moment. We want to target clients in the main area, Area 15. For the website Monica, I think you should speak with Dawn concerning the logo because the logo moves and hide.

Dawn: That was an issue with the county print shop but, I will get with Monica about the logo.

Eric Martinez: I would agree that that's a good format that you're reaching out vendors. It is important that we keep the Committee involved in this. They might see something that we're not seeing or the company's not seeing and that might help us down the road.

E. Past Minutes Review

Eric Martinez: We will now review the past meeting minutes. We will take a look at the membership minutes from October 10, 2019. Were there any changes or any corrections?

Dawn: I did Eric, but it was minor. There was portion were the person interpreting stated woman.

Eric: One of the minutes said 9:00 a.m. Two of the minutes had the wrong date and the time. So I would like to see if I not mistaken. The one on 10.10.2019 has the wrong time.

Dawn: The wrong logo and stationary needs to be corrected. Some names also need to be fixed.

Steve: Are we going to make a motion to accept these minutes?

Judy: I second that motion.

Dawn: I will like to suggest we review all of the membership minutes meetings at one time. Then, review all of EQA committee minutes at one time.

Eric: Let's look at the next one and that is 11/14/2019. You should have two of them. There is some grammar that needs to corrected. If there

Dawn: It appears that Membership meeting minutes from 11.14.19 at 11am is actually EQA minutes because we're discussing Care Connection and PrEP.

Eric: That is correct and the other issues I see is that the facilitator needs to say Dawn Jones.

Steve: So are we saying the one for 1114 2019 at 11 a.m. in Membership is actually the EQA?

Eric: That is correct and facilitator needs to be changed. Moving on to the next one, 12/12.

Steve: There minutes state Midway Specialty Care and Project Response. Shouldn't it be the actual person?

Eric: That is correct, but we will need the sign the sign in sheet to correct it. If not, we will just have to leave it as is. Greg, do you have the membership for 12 12?

Greg: I have one that says membership and public relations committee meeting on 12.12. It looks like they got the minutes combined. I don't have a separate one for either one (Membership, EQA).

Eric: So my question to the committee is that this is one that we're going to have to fix these set of minutes before we vote on it. So I would like to request that the committee accepts to table this. Is there any other one that has problems?

Mary: Yes, I agree with you. We need to table this one until next time because I think there's some statements that have my name on it that maybe Deborah. So if Deborah is listening, I would ask Deborah to look at it and see if the content that was said, is what was said by her rather than me.

Deborah: Ok.

Eric: There is one set of minutes that we are missing for a full body meeting.

Mary: One of the one of the meetings we did not have enough people, even though we met, didn't vote on anything. They're only about three of us. It was around January, around the holidays.

Greg : Are there any minutes for February and March of this year or did we stop?

Eric: Correct me if I am wrong Dawn, the recording was done on another device recording ends on that was recording on another device. We need to reflect on that and get that taken care of.

Dawn: Correct.

Greg: Did we meet in March?

Eric: We did meet in March. I am trying to download what I recorded on my phone that was done in March meeting because it was recorded on my device. Even though we did meet by phone in April, it wasn't a quorum. So we did not record that discussion.

Greg: So we did not have a meeting on May and June?

Eric: Yes, we met on July 9th. Are there any corrections in July 9th?

Steve: Yes, I see Jana from Midway Specialty does not have a last name. HRSA wants us to have complete things. Her last name should be there.

Dawn: Ok, I make the corrections with Monica and put in her last name in parentheses.

Greg: Eric, was there anything more said about the \$1 for the Ryan White clients?

Eric: Everything about the \$1 amount has been said. Greg, is there anything that needs to be corrected for the minutes on 8/13/20.

Greg: No, I don't see anything.

Eric: Ok, I think there might have been a misspelling or something. But now I don't even see it. If there's any other Corrections, please email Monica. Monica, any minute corrections that needs to be done before the Health Council took on the contract, has to be done by the lead agency side, correct?

Monica: Yes, that is correct.

From the lead agency time on lead agency side. Am I correct. The other ones are

Yeah, correct.

Eric: We've gone through the minutes. The minutes in Dec. will be tabled for Mary and Deborah to review. Do I hear a motion to accept the ones that have been viewed except the one that's been tabled until next meeting.

Steve: Yes, motion to accept.

Greg: Second, to accept the motion.

3. Open Discussion

Eric: Will start looking at the needs assessment survey that's going to be worked on in our area. There will be some changes for some the committees that will be discussed at the

Meeting Adjourned